Research Internships & Fellowships for Wellesley College students
The Wellesley Centers for Women (WCW) is pleased to offer five internships/ fellowships during both the summer and the academic year to Wellesley College students who seek to make a difference in the world through research and action. Students placed with internships/fellowships gain hands-on social science research experience while working closely with a WCW research scientist who acts as a mentor.
How To Apply:
All internship/fellowship opportunities require that the student become acquainted with the mission and work of WCW. In their application, the student must identify a researcher at WCW to serve as their mentor. We recommend that any student interested in applying for 2017-2018 internships/fellowships meet with the WCW research scientist they hope to work.
Any registered Wellesley College student with a GPA of at least 3.0 may apply for a WCW internship/fellowship. To qualify for the academic year internships/fellowships, students must be registered at the College during the year of the internship. Students do not have to register for summer classes to be eligible for the Anne Murray Ladd summer internship/fellowship.
Applications for 2017-2018 internships/fellowships are due by midnight on April 6, 2017. To apply, the student is asked to submit a statement of 2-3 pages, which includes the following:
- The internship opportunity for which the student is applying and why.
- Career goals and any relevant academic or work experience.
- What the student would like to accomplish through this experience
In addition to the above, the student must also submit a letter of recommendation from a member of the Wellesley College faculty or their advisor. A copy of the student's Wellesley College transcript must accompany the application. Students selected as recipients of WCW internships/fellowships receive a $3,000 stipend.
Students should contact Karen Lachance (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the application form and information about possible projects and mentors.
More about WCW student internships/fellowships:
- The Anne Murray Ladd Student Internship/Fellowship was established in 2005 by family and friends in memory of Anne Murray Ladd, a 1998 Wellesley College Honors graduate. (Note: Students need not register for summer classes to be eligible for the summer intership.)
Academic Year Internships
- The Linda Coyne Lloyd Internship/Fellowship was established in 1998 by family and friends in memory of Linda Coyne Lloyd '63, a long-time, active supporter of the Wellesley Centers for Women.
- The Shirley R. Sherr Student Research Internship/Fellowship was established in 1998 by a generous gift from Lynn Sherr '63, and her sister, Lois Dubin, in honor of their mother.
- The Class of 1967 Internship/Fellowship was established by a generous gift from the Wellesley College Class of 1967, in 1992 on the occasion of its 25th reunion.
- The Morse Fellowship was established in 1992 by a generous gift from Richard P. Morse and Claire Wien Morse '57 of Brookline, MA.