- How Fortnite Affects Teen Health
January 30, 2019
Linda Charmaraman, Ph.D., discusses the effects of online video game Fortnite on teen health and wellbeing.
- This is How Middle School Students Use Social Media
September 6, 2018
Linda Charmaraman, Ph.D., and Jennifer Grossman, Ph.D., both of the Wellesley Centers for Women, and their colleague Megan Moreno, M.D., of the University of Wisconsin, discuss young adolescents’ use of social media.
- Media and Identity Study – Next Steps
- Media and Identity Study – Student Involvement: Social Media
In this video, Wellesley College student Huiying Bernice Chan discusses how the Media & Identity Study evolved over the 3 years she was involved with it, and what the project findings mean to her.
- Media and Identity Study – Student Involvement
In this video, Budnampet Ramanudom (Class of 2018) discusses her role on the Media and Identity Study team and the project’s next steps.
- Media and Identity Study - Teens Build Social Capital Online
In this video, Wellesley College student Huiying Bernice Chan, who has been a student research intern with the Media and Identity Study for three years, reviews the Study's social media findings related to young women of color and the implications of those findings.
- Media and Identity Study - Why This Research Matters
In this video, Dr. Linda Charmaraman is joined by Wellesley College student research interns Huiying Bernice Chan and Budnampet Ramanudom to discuss why social science research with a focus on diverse groups is needed, and why the Media & Identity Project matters.
- Media and Identity Study - Project Overview