The Wellesley Centers for Women is committed to translating our research into action that drives social change. Our publications contribute to academic discourse and make our work accessible to policymakers, decision makers, activists, direct service providers, and anyone who has the desire to shape a better world. Browse our publications to gain an understanding of the complexity, depth, and importance of the work undertaken by our researchers and program staff to advance gender equality, social justice, and human wellbeing.
Our research scientists publish their work in peer-reviewed, academic journals to share their expertise with other scholars and contribute to emerging fields. This builds on our reputation for high-quality, rigorous research and increases the visibility of our work in accademia. Recently published journal articles include:
- Parental Monitoring of Early Adolescent Social Technology Use in the U.S.: A Mixed-Method Study (2024)
- Longitudinal predictors of children's self-blame appraisals among military families reported for family violence (2024)
- Longitudinal associations between pet relationship quality and socio-emotional functioning in early adolescence (2023)
Research should be shared widely and used to shape a better world. That’s why we translate our academic work into fact sheets, policy briefs, infographics, and other accessible formats. By sharing what we know, we leverage the power of data to support women and girls, families and communities. Recent fact sheets and briefs include:
- Fathers See Talk With Teens About Sex as Part of Their Role, but It’s Not an Easy Task (2022)
- Prosecution of Child Sexual Abuse: Challenges in Achieving Justice (2022)
- State of the Field: Two-Generation Approaches to Family Well-Being (2021)
The Research & Action Report, published twice a year, is a window into our latest activities and initiatives. The report features commentaries on social justice issues, interviews with our researchers and program directors, and news about our research findings.
Women’s Review of Books was formerly published by the Wellesley Centers for Women in partnership with Old City Publishing. Women’s Review of Books is no longer affiliated with WCW. Visit the Old City Publishing website or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any inquiries.See More