Afterschool Matters Fall 2011
Year Published: 2011
In this Issue:
- 'English Learners and Out-of-School Time Programs: The Potential of OST Programs to Foster EL Success'
By Julie Maxwell-Jolly
- 'Learning English and Beyond: A Holistic Approach to Supporting English Learners in Afterschool'
By Jhumpa Bhattacharya and Jimena Quiroga
- 'Éxito: Keeping High-risk Youth on Track to Graduation through Out-ofschool Time Supports'
By Tracey Hartmann, Deborah Good, and Kimberly Edmunds
- 'You>th Are Here: Promoting Youth Spaces through Community Mapping'
By Kathrin C. Walker and Rebecca N. Saito
- 'A Place for the Arts: Lessons Learned from an Afterschool Art Experience with Reclaimed Materials'
By Angela Eckhoff, Amy Hallenbeck, and Mindy Spearman
- 'Power Sharing: Building Community School Relationships from Friendship to Marriage'
By Carol R. Hill
- 'Researcher' s Notebook: Converging issues in an Out-of-school Time Program for African Refugee Children'
By Michelle Porche