Afterschool Matters Spring 2015
Year Published: 2015
In this Issue:
- 'Girls' Challenge Seeking: How Outdoor Exposure Can Support Girls in Taking Positive Risks'
By Kallen Tsikalas and Karyn L. Martin
- 'Global Kids Organizing in the Global City: Generation of Social Capital in a Youth Organizing Program'
By Anthony De Jesus, Sofia Oviedo and Scarlett Feliz
- 'Planning Considerations for Afterschool Professional Development'
By L. Daniele Bradshaw
- 'Research-Based Practices in Afterschool Programs for High School Youth'
By Jenell Holstead, Mindy Hightower King and Ashley Miller
- 'Should Rey Mysterio Drink Gatorade? Cultural Competence in Afterschool STEM Programming'
By Kathryn Ciechanowski, SueAnn Bottoms, Ana Lucia Fonseca and Tyler St.Clair
- 'Toward More Equitable Outcomes: A Research Synthesis on Out-of-School Time Work with Boys and Young Men of Color'
By Jon Gilgoff and Shawn Ginwright