In this issue:
- Networks Analysis of a Regional Ecosystem of Afterschool Programs
- Building an Afterschool Workforce: Regulations and Beyond
- The Effect of Afterschool Program Participation on English Language Acquisition
- Don' t You Want to Do Better? Implementing a Goal-setting Intervention in an Afterschool Program / Self-Assessment of High-Quality Academic Enrichment Practices
- New from NIOST Growing Boys: Implementing a Boys' Empowerment Group in an Afterschool Program
- Book Review: Science in the Making at the Margin
The Afterschool Matters is part of the Afterschool Matters Initiative. Afterschool Matters is a national, peer-reviewed journal dedicated to promoting professionalism, scholarship and consciousness in the field of afterschool education. Published by the National Institute on Out-of-School Time with support from the Robert Bowne Foundation, the journal serves those involved in developing and managing programs for youth during the out-of-school time hours, in addition to those engaged in research and in shaping youth development policy.