In this Issue:
- Making the Most of the Middle by Holly Morehouse
- Preparing Youth for the 21st Century Knowledge Economy by Graham R. Cochran and Theresa M. Ferrari
- The Girl Game Company by Jill Denner, Steve Bean, and Jacob Martinez
- It' s All Happening at the Zoo by Jason A. Douglas and Cindi Katz
- Putting Our Questions at the Center by Sara L. Hill, Susan Matloff-Nieves, and Lena O. Townsend
The Afterschool Matters is part of the Afterschool Matters Initiative. Afterschool Matters is a national, peer-reviewed journal dedicated to promoting professionalism, scholarship and consciousness in the field of afterschool education. Published by the National Institute on Out-of-School Time with support from the Robert Bowne Foundation, the journal serves those involved in developing and managing programs for youth during the out-of-school time hours, in addition to those engaged in research and in shaping youth development policy.