In this Issue:
- When the Divide Isn' t Just Digital by Rebecca A. London, Manuel Pastor, Jr., and Rachel Rosner
- Growth in Motion by Mira-Lisa Katz
- Media Gangs of Social Resistance by Linda Charmaraman
- The Curtain Rises by Jennifer Fuqua
- Book Review: Robert Halpern' s Critical Issues in After-School Programming by Ivana Espinet
The Afterschool Matters is part of the Afterschool Matters Initiative. Afterschool Matters is a national, peer-reviewed journal dedicated to promoting professionalism, scholarship and consciousness in the field of afterschool education. Published by the National Institute on Out-of-School Time with support from the Robert Bowne Foundation, the journal serves those involved in developing and managing programs for youth during the out-of-school time hours, in addition to those engaged in research and in shaping youth development policy.