In this Issue:
- Transformative Work in Programs for Children and Youth by Lena O. Townsend
- You Don' t Need a Weatherman... by Susan Ingalls
- The Digital Neighborhood: After School Resources on the World Wide Web
- Now More Than Ever: Changing Lives in an After School Theater Program by Carol Macy
- We Think You Need a Vacation : The Discipline Model at Fresh Youth Initiatives by The FYI Writing Team
- Suburban Myths by Elizabeth C. Knight
The Afterschool Matters is part of the Afterschool Matters Initiative. Afterschool Matters is a national, peer-reviewed journal dedicated to promoting professionalism, scholarship and consciousness in the field of afterschool education. Published by the National Institute on Out-of-School Time with support from the Robert Bowne Foundation, the journal serves those involved in developing and managing programs for youth during the out-of-school time hours, in addition to those engaged in research and in shaping youth development policy.