Afterschool Matters Fall 2014
Year Published: 2014
In this Issue:
- 'Curriculum and Professional Development for OST Science Education: Lessons Learned from California 4-H'
By Steven M. Worker and Martin H. Smith
- 'Keeping Children Safe: Afterschool Staff and Mandated Child Maltreatment Reporting'
By Maria Gandarilla and Julie O’Donnell
- 'Long-Term Participants: A Museum Program Enhances Girls’ STEM Interest, Motivation, and Persistence'
By Jennifer D. Adams, Preeti Gupta and Alix Cotumaccio
- 'Paper Copters and Potential: Leveraging Afterschool and Youth Development Trainers to Extend the Reach of STEM Programs'
By Stephanie A. Lingwood and Jennifer B. Sorensen
- 'The Quest for Mastery'
By Diane Gruber, M.A.
- 'The Role of Out-of-School Time in Reducing Hunger and Preventing Obesity'
By Daniel W. Hatcher, Crystal Weedall FitzSimons and Jill R. Turley
- 'Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Core? The Common Core Standards and Out-of-School Time Programs'
By Suzanne Marten, Sara Hill and Anne Lawrence
- '“Writing Is Not Really Something I Do”: Engaging Reluctant Male Writers'
By Steven W. Garlid