- WCW Collaborates on Audit of How Police Handle Sexual Assault Cases
February 16, 2023
Many findings from the audit are relevant to police departments across the country, according to Senior Research Scientist Linda Williams, Ph.D.
- Austin Chronicle: APD Sexual Assault Audit Validates Survivor Concerns
The Police Executive Research Forum, Women's Law Project, and WCW completed an audit of the Austin, TX, Police Department's handling of sexual assault cases.
- City of Austin: Independent Review Makes Recommendations to Improve Police Handling of Sexual Assaults
WCW partnered on a review of the City of Austin, TX, Police Department's handling of sexual violence cases.
- KVUE: Independent review identifies recommendations to improve Austin police's handling of sexual assaults
KVUE News highlights findings from a report co-authored by WCW researchers.
- KXAN: Progress made but APD needs improvement in handling sex assault cases, report states
KXAN News highlights findings from a report co-authored by WCW researchers.
- Fox7 Austin: APD still needs to improve key aspects of sexual assault response, report finds
A report co-authored by researchers from WCW highlighted ways to improve investigations of sexual assault.
- Community Impact: Multiple improvements recommended for Austin Police Department's sexual assault investigations
WCW collaborated on a report that offered recommendations to improve the Austin, TX, Police Department's approach to sexual assault investigations.
- New White Paper on Prosecution of Child Sexual Abuse: Challenges in Achieving Justice
April 26, 2022
The white paper from the Justice and Gender-Based Violence Research Initiative offers policy and practice recommendations to achieve justice for victims, families, and communities.
- Research Team Completes Study on Campus Sexual Assault as New Title IX Rules Released
May 26, 2020
A report on campus sexual assault by our Justice and Gender-Based Violence Research Initiative was published days before new Title IX rules were issued by the Department of Education.